I’m not ashamed to admit it… I’m a huge fan of Bryan Adams.
I’ve been listening to this guy’s amazing material since I was in grade school. This year Adams is on tour to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of one of his breakout albums, Reckless. Thirty years ago… I was 10 when this album came out. Yeah, do the math… I hit the big four oh in October.
So being the huge Bryan Adams fan, when I find out that he’s coming to my city to perform, I buy a damn ticket.
So that was last Thursday… and I’m still fucking buzzing three days later because it was a killer concert. I had a blast.
That was my view of the state, which I was quite happy with. I could have gotten a ticket on the floor for an extra $30 but I passed on that and I’m very glad that I did. The entire floor was standing up the entire three hour show.
I was happy to be in the stadium seats cause I was able to sit down which was much easier on my joints and especially my back. I had a great elevated view of the stage, so I was quite content with my choice.
1st Set: Reckless
2. One Night Love Affair
3. She’s Only Happy When She’s Dancin’
4. Run to You
5. The Boys Night Out
7. Kids Wanna Rock
8. It’s Only Love
9. Long Gone
11. Ain’t Gonna Cry
12. Summer of ‘69
2nd Set: Other Hits
13. Let Me Down Easy(Roger Daltrey cover)
14. (Everything I Do) I Do It for You
15. If Ya Wanna Be Bad Ya Gotta Be Good
16. Cuts Like a Knife
17. Can’t Stop This Thing We Started
18. Please Forgive Me
19. When You’re Gone (Acoustic)
20. 18 til I Die
21. Cloud #9
22. The Only Thing That Looks Good on Me Is You
23. You’ve Been a Friend to Me
24. C’mon Everybody (Eddie Cochran cover)
25. Taking Care of Business(Bachman-Turner Overdrive cover with Randy Bachman & Kim Mitchell)
26. The Weight (The Band cover with Randy Bachman & Kim Mitchell)
27. Straight from the Heart (Acoustic)
28. All for Love (Acoustic)
You are not reading that incorrectly, halfway through the encore, Randy Bachman and Kim Mitchell joined Adams on stage to perform two amazing songs. It was fucking amazing! No one had a clue either of them were there let alone were going to be performing on stage!
How amazing is that? That blew me and the entire audience away. And after that they did a song by The Band. We were floored.
So in conclusion, went to a concert and did not go home disappointed. What fantastic show. It was a near sold out crowd as well and I think everyone had a great time. This is the first of a few concerts I’ll be attending this year… the bar has been set pretty high but that’s not a bad thing. I look forward to seeing if the shows I’m going to see later in the year are anywhere near this amazing!
Have a great weekend everyone,